I welcome guest bloggers, but I am the world’s toughest editor. Please follow these guidelines carefully.
If you wish to write for TheMoneyGuy.co.uk, please submit a question only.
A query is a proposed headline and short (3 to 5 sentences) description of what you want to write. Bonus points if you include a few bullet-points with the specific advice your article would give.
WHAT I EXPECT:
- A query with an interesting headline and a few sentences describing what you want to write
- A couple examples of your writing — links to prior articles or blog sites are fine
- Perfect American English – grammar and spelling
- Simple word choices (big vocabularies do not impress me — please make it easy to read)
WHAT MAKES A GOOD POST?
All queries and posts must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be about small business issues — corporate finance, accounting, operations or growth strategies only
- Teach specific ways to improve their business with “Actionable Advice” (c)
- Be accurate, specific and well-researched
- Have 2 to 7 links to other relevant sources inside or outside of my blog for SEO purposes — not just to promote your web site
- Have a brief bio about you or your work (including 1 additional link to your work), which will follow the post
- Be unique, original work with full rights to publish online (non-exclusive is fine)
- Minimum 400 words – maximum 1,100…somewhere in the middle is best
- Suggest or provide at least one royalty-free photo or graphic
- Be easy to read, concise, grammatically correct and simply presented. Long paragraphs are out. Use a reading level score if you are unsure. (Reading score at 7th grade is best.)
I DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Posts about marketing, blogging, advertising, PR or branding
- Full length, unsolicited articles… just send a query please
- Self promotion or press releases
- Anything that is poorly written, contains grammar mistakes, misspellings or mistakes of fact
Please submit your query below. I’ll reply within 48 hours, letting you know if changes are needed. Even if I approve your query, I may not publish your post. I reserve the right to reject any post for any reason. If I do not publish it, I will let you know.
Thank you for your interest in writing for me — I look forward to reading your best work!